How far is the sea?
We are located at a mere 10 km from the beaches of the Gulf of Follonica and from the protected area of “Bandite di Scarlino” one of the most beautiful stretches of coast with Cala Violina and Cala Martina.
Can I go grocery shopping on foot?
A car is necessary, as the town of Bagno di Gavorrano – where you can find a supermarket, a pharmacy, banks and ATMs, newsstands and a gas station – is 9 km away.
Where can we go to the beach and bring our dog?
There are many BAU BEACHES:
- Along the whole coast of the municipality of Scarlino.
- Next to Marina di Grosseto, in the Le Marze locality.
- In the Castiglione della Pescaia area, in the Il Piastrone locality (Punta Ala), between the private beach (stabilimento) “Il Quadrifoglio” and Casetta Civinini.
- Private beach “Fuori Rotta” between Marina and Castiglione della Pescaia.
- In the Perelli locality (between Riotorto and Piombino).
- Baratti Gulf-beach by the Church of San Cerbone.
- San Vincenzo Dog Beach.
Note: some of the beaches are public and free of charge, others are equipped, private beaches.
Do we need to bring linens?
You will find a fully equipped, “ready-to-use” house, with bed linens and towels. These are changed on a weekly basis, but we can arrange for them to be changed more often (upon request, with extra charge).
What are the extra charges?
Any added bed (where available), final cleaning and your four-legged friend’s stay.
What if it rains?
The whole museum network of Maremma, with its natural, geological, mining and archaeological attractions offers many opportunities, and not only in case of bad weather. The Valpiana aquarium and its sharks are well worth a visit, to be combined with a wine tasting and typical products in the nearby Massa Marittima.
How long does it take to reach Cala Violina?
The car parks from where the trails to Cala Violina start are either a 15 or a 20 minute drive away.
From the first one, in the area of Puntone di Scarlino, the coastal trail starts. This is also known as the “delle cale” trail (bays trail), as it goes along Cala Le Donne and Cala Martina before it gets to Cala Violina (40 min)
A different trail, which goes across the woods, starts from the second car park instead, at Pian d’Alma (20 min)